Tuesday 17 May 2011

My 15 Birthday party !

A few years ago, in Chile the girls didn’t use to celebrate her 15 birthdays, but in other countries like Cuba, it’s a tradition, because it’s the moment when that girl becomes a woman.
This picture shows my 15 party, it was a very important moment for me, because I was doing something related with the Cuban culture. My mother bought two dresses to me for that day, the first one (the one that I use on my picture) was light blue and the other one was black, that day I went to de hairdressing salon and I had a manicure.  I made the invitation with my parents, handmade, and these were very beautiful.
When I arrived in the place, there were all my friends and relatives. First I said hi to everybody, talked to the people and then my godparents gave me a crown like part of the tradition (this is the moment that my photo shows but I don’t know who took it). After that, we all went to our seats: there was a banquet. When it finished, I danced a waltz with my dad, we practiced about one month before that day, so it was nice.
Then it was the birthday song time, but before that, I light each candle one by one with my friends and relatives help: I called someone, like my mom, I said why I choose her like one of the 15 most important persons in my life and then she light the candle for me. When I mentioned the 15 persons, everybody song to me and my parents gave me a gift: the last doll of my  life (I still have it). Then the party started, I changed my dress and just had fun!

8 comments:

  1. Oh! that is a nice picture. I like it!
    I think that the 15 was a fantastic time of our lifes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you looks so cute!like a princess!
    very nice picture

    see you c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice picture!

    i celebrated my 15 birthday too!! but without a crown. it was a little party in my house.

    regards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it sees like a very funny ceremony and party! I love your cuban's traditions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so great!!! like a little princess :) I like the birthday's parties. A very good tradition
    See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was born in Cuba, and my mother is Cuban, y can tell that's true, 15 is a very important party for a girl, tell me more about your Cuban relationships, perhaps we two know the same people, because I usually go to Cuban activities here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know that Cubans celebrated in such a way that special date!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must have been a great moment! It's a nice pic :)

    ReplyDelete